What is ZipSchool?
We create online courses for students K-5 around topics not typically focused on in school (ex. robots, space travel, dinosaurs) and distribute them directly to parents.
Here's a quick overview of how it works.
- Zip creates its own curriculum and visuals for classes.
- Once the class materials are ready (curriculum + visuals), we hand them off to a ZipSchool Teacher so they can record the class.
- The teacher practices the material and when they're ready, they record the class on ZipSchool's software. The class is one-take.
- Once we get the final recording, Zip's tech team will actually go into the recorded class and add interactive elements all our classes have (ex. games, live polls, etc).
- You love kids and are comfortable behind a camera. Remember Bill Nye the Science Guy? Or, Ms. Frizzle from the Magic School bus? We're looking for folks that can match that level of energy and genuine excitement for the topic. All our teachers are just truly excited to teach and it shows. Our classes are very much like a 30-minute shows. For every class, there is a story that guides what the instructor is trying to teach. Our goal is to educate by entertaining and engaging during 30-minute classes.
- You have a knack for communicating complex concepts to kids. Our classes are usually split like so: K-2nd, 3rd-5th. We also teach all sorts of topics, from marine science to cultural studies. Looking for teachers who can adjust to both K-2nd and 3rd-5th audiences and are comfortable teaching a variety of topics covered in our curriculum.
- You are able to capture a kids attention and curiosity for 30-minutes. Kids love a good story, an interesting topic, a fantastic presentation, and a genuine instructor.
- Bonus: You have experience as a school teacher or content creator, but this isn't necessary.
Teachers are paid $150 per class. Each class is 30 minutes. Teachers usually spend 1-2 hours practicing the material, and then 30 minutes actually recording!
How To Apply
Head over at the link below to record your introduction video! Keep it casual, selfie-style. This is a short 2-minute video where you can tell us about yourself. It also helps us get a sense of your presence on camera!